How to Update Garmin GPS?
* Install Garmin Express
- Firstly, open your preferred internet browser. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Thereafter, go to the official website of Garmin Express. For this, enter “garmin.com/express” in the Address bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the following window, you will get the download link for both Windows and Mac devices. Therefore, before proceeding further with the downloading process, you have to confirm your system’s operating system. It is essential because the different operating system requires you to download the different setup files.
- Now, locate for the download link as per your preferred operating system. Along with this, you will get a highlighted tab stating “Download for Windows”. Beneath this, you must confirm your system’s operating system you will get the link for “System Requirements” followed by the link “Download for Mac”.
- However, if you forget to check out your system requirements earlier, you can check it now. Click on its corresponding link and ensures that your system conforms to it.
- Thereafter, click on “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” accordingly. If you are Windows users, you must click on the “Downloads for Windows” link. On the other hand, Mac users must click on the “Download For Mac” link.
- By doing this, it will start downloading the software.
- After completing the downloading process, the next step is installation. For this, locate the downloaded setup file in the default location of your computer i.e “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file yo open it.
- Next, the installer will guide you through the installation process. All you have to do is to follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- In between the process, you will be prompted to read and accept the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, carefully read the document and select its corresponding checkbox. Click on the “Install” tab.
* Connect Garmin GPS To Computer For Garmin GPS Update
- To begin with, disassemble your Garmin Device. Then you need to prepare it for establishing a connection with your system. This requires you to press the power button to turn it on properly otherwise the Garmin Express will not be able to recognize it.
- After that, connect your Garmin Device with the help of a USB cable. For this, connect one end of the USB cable to your computer and another end with your Garmin device.
- Next, launch Garmin Express by double-clicking its respective icon.
- Then, click on the “Get Started” tab.
- The following window requires you to add your device. Click on the “Add a Device” tab.
- Click on “Add Device” when prompted. As such, it will locate your Garmin Device and connect it.
- Follow on-screen prompts and complete the connection successfully.
Register Your Garmin Device For Garmin Update
Register your device by entering your email address associated with the Garmin account for the Garmin Map Update. Then, click on the “Next” button.
* Sync With Garmin Connect
- Thereafter, Sync with Garmin Connect and then sign in to your Garmin account. Follow the below-given procedure for signing in.
- Click on the blue sign in button.
- Thereafter, enter your email address and password that you used at the time of account creation. Click on the Sign In button again.
- However, if you don’t have an account earlier, then create one. For this, click on create an account and follow the on-screen prompts.
- In the subsequent window, synchronize your settings. Enter your device nickname and choose your preferred language. Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, you must have a high-speed internet connection for installing all the map updates. For that, set a Wi-Fi network, if you want a wireless connection.
- Otherwise, use an Ethernet cable for wired connection. When the connection is established, click on the “Next” button.
- Along with that, you will get a link for “Privacy Statement”. Hence, click on the link and read the document carefully. In case, if you agree with the agreement, click on “Yes”.
- The software will start checking for all the map updates for the Garmin GPS Update.
* Update Garmin GPS
Now, install the available updates on your GPS Device for the Garmin GPS Update. In case, if you haven’t registered your device before, first you have to register your device.
- Since you have connected your device to the software, you will directly be taken to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- The application detects the availability of updates automatically. Also, you will be prompted with all the updates including the Map updates on the dashboard itself.
- You can either install all updates at the same time by clicking on the “Install All” or “Select All” option. Otherwise, you update them individually by clicking the “Install” icon.
- With this, Garmin Express will update your Garmin GPS Device with the latest maps and software.
- However, this might take some time. Wait for the process to complete properly.
- It will declare the success of the Garmin GPS Update process. Later you will be notified when it is safe to disconnect your device. You must unplug the Device only when you get this message.