In order to update your Garmin device follow the below-given set of instructions carefully.
How To Install Garmin Express?
- To begin with, first launch your preferred internet browser on your computer. For instance, you have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Thereafter, enter “Garmin.com/express” in the Address bar of your browser. After that, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the upcoming window, you will get the download link for both Windows and Mac devices. Therefore, moving on with the downloading process, you have to confirm your system’s operating system. It is essential because the different operating system requires you to download the different setup files.
- Now, search for the download link as per your preferred operating system. In addition to that, you will get a highlighted tab stating “Download For Windows”. Below this, you will get the link for “Systems Requirement” followed by the link “Download For Mac”.
- As a result, this will start the downloading process.
- After completing the downloading procedure of Garmin Express, install it on your preferred device. Locate the downloaded setup file in the default location i.e Download Folder.
- Thereafter, double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- You will get guidance on the installation process via the installer.
- In between the installation process, you will be prompted to read and accept the “Software License Agreement”. After that, carefully read the document and tick mark its corresponding checkbox. Then, click on the “install” button.
* Connect Garmin GPS To Computer For Garmin Map Update
- To initiate with the process of Garmin Map Update, dismantle your Garmin device. After that, you need to prepare it for establishing a connection with your system. For this, you are required to press the power button to turn it on properly otherwise the Garmin Express will not be able to recognize it.
- After this, you have to connect your Garmin device to your computer via USB cable. For this, connect one end of the USB cable to your computer and another end with your Garmin device.
- Next, launch Garmin Express by double-clicking its respective icon.
- Now, click on the “Get Started” tab.
- Subsequently, the following window requires you to add your device. Click on the “Add a Device” tab.
- Click on “Add Device” when prompted. As such, it will locate your Garmin Device and connect it.
- Follow on-screen prompts and complete the connection.
Register Your Garmin Device For Garmin Update
For registering your Garmin device, enter your email address associated with the Garmin account for the Garmin Map Update. Then, click on the “Next” button.
* Sync With Garmin Connect
- Afterwards, Sync with Garmin Connect and then sign in to your Garmin account. Follow the below-given instructions for signing in.
- Click on the blue sign in button.
- Thereafter, enter your email address and password that you used at the time of account creation. Click on the Sign In button again.
- If you have not created your account, click on create an account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the next window, synchronize your settings. Insert your device nickname and then opt for your preferred language. Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, ensure that you have a high-speed internet connection for installing all the map updates. For that, connect to a Wi-Fi network, in case you want a wireless connection.
- Otherwise, use an Ethernet cable for wired connection. When the connection is established, click on the “Next” button.
- Read all the terms and conditions of the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. If you agree with the agreement, click on the “Yes” button.
- The software will start checking for all the map updates for the Garmin Map Update.
* Update Garmin GPS
Now, you can install the available updates on your GPS Device for the Garmin Map Update. Along with this, you will also have to Register your device if you haven’t registered it before.
- Once your device is connected to the software, it will take you to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- Consequently, the application automatically detects all the available updates on your device. After this, it will provide you a list of all the updates including the Map updates on its dashboard.
- In order to install all of the available updates on your system, click on “Install All” or “Select All”. In case, if you want to install the updates individually, you are required to click on the “Install” button.
- Garmin Express will update your Garmin GPS Device with the latest maps and software.
- However, this might take some time. Wait for the process to complete properly.
- It will notify you about the success of the Garmin Map Update process. Subsequently, it will inform you when it is safe to disconnect your device. Unplug the Device only when you get this message.