Garmin Map Update
Garmin GPS Devices require regular map updates to keep it functioning accurately with complete reliability. In short, garmin.com/mapupdates is an essential process for Garmin Map Update that users must perform on a regular basis.
Step 1: Install Garmin Express for Garmin Map Update
- First of all, open a preferred Web Browser on your system. For example, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mozilla etc.
- Then, launch the official website to install Garmin Express. For this, use “garmin.com/express” as a URL to enter it in your Browser’s Address Bar. Then, press the “Enter” key from the keyboard.
- As a result, you will get the required webpage on your system that will assist you in proceeding for Garmin Map Update. Here, you will get the links to download the Setup File for both Windows and Mac respectively. In short, you will get the “Download For Windows” and “Download For Mac” links. This means you must confirm the OS of your computer i.e. Windows or Mac.
- Now, click on the download link according to your computer’s OS. In other words, click “Download For Windows” if you are using a Windows Device. Alternatively, Mac users must opt for “Download For Mac”.
- With this, it will start downloading the Garmin Express Setup File required for Garmin Map Update. Now, wait while the process finishes as it will take time.
- Meanwhile, it may require you to set a download location for the Setup File. Therefore, click on “Save” or “Save As”. Then, specify a download location.
- After completing the download, proceed to install the software for Garmin Map Update. Hence, locate the setup file in the very first place.
- Now, double-click on it and open its Installer.
- Next, you will get a pop-up box seeking permission to validate your system. Hence, click “Run” or “Continue”.
- On the following window, review the “Terms and Conditions” or “Software License Agreement” properly.
- Finally, click on “Install” and begin the installation process for Garmin Map Update.
- Subsequently, wait while the process finishes completely.
- Meanwhile, accurately enter your Mac Admin User ID and Password if you are a Mac user. Then, click “Install Software”.
- At last, you must restart your system.
- After this, you must go to “garmin.com/express”. Then, click “Account” from the Profile section at the top right-hand side. This will lead you to its Sign In window. Here, you should follow the on-screen prompts and set up your User Account.
- Subsequently, return back to the installed Garmin Express. Then, log in to your Garmin Account.
Step 2: Connect Garmin GPS to the Computer
- To begin this step for Garmin Map Update, you should dismantle your GPS device from the automobile.
- Thereafter, turn it on. Besides that, ensure that it is completely charged.
- Now, hook it up with your computer by means of a mini USB Cable.
- Next, you should launch “Garmin Express”. Then, click “Get Started”.
- After that, click on the “Add A Device” tab.
- As such, it will detect and connect with the Garmin Device.
- Subsequently, click on the “Add Device” button.
Step 3: Register The Garmin Device for Garmin Map Update
- You can perform Garmin Map Update only for the registered products. Hence, the last step will lead you to the Product Registration window if your device is not registered.
- On this window, you must enter your registered Email Address. In other words, it should be the one with which you created your Garmin Account.
- Thereafter, click “Next”.
- Subsequently, log in to the Account. However, you must first create an account in case you haven’t created it yet. Then, log in to it.
- Now, give a “Nickname” to this device and click “Next”.
- The following window will prompt you for “Anonymous Data Collection”. Hence, read the details and click “Yes” or “No” according to your preference.
- After that, it will guide you to complete the network connection by selecting the connection mode for the desktop/ GPS device. Hence, follow on-screen steps and complete Product Registration for Garmin Map Update.
Step 4: Install Garmin Map Update
- As you register your product, you will get the dashboard of Garmin Express on your computer.
- Now, it will detect the available map updates for the connected device.
- Thereafter, it will display all the available Garmin map updates beneath the device name under the Map Updates section. However, in case if multiple devices are linked to this account. Then, click the Device Name to expand it and view the updates.
- Subsequently, click “Install All” or “Select All” to download and install Garmin Map Update. Additionally, you can click “View Details” to check details of the updates. As such, you can install an individual update from the given list. For this, select update and click “Install”.
- Thereafter, carefully read its “Terms and Conditions” and click “Accept”.
- The following window will present instructions for updates. Hence, read the same to ensure you have completed the process accurately. Then, click “Continue”.
- As a result, it will begin the installation process. Hence, wait for it to finish.
- Subsequently, it will notify you of the same. Thereafter, it will prompt you to disconnect your device. Hence, unplug the same.
- At last, restart your device.