Garmin GPS Update
Garmin is a multinational technology company that designs world-class navigation devices to enhance its customer’s experience. It offers innovative GPS technology to a diverse market including Marine, Fitness, Aviation, as well as Tracking. In order to enjoy the versatile range of features offered by Garmin, you have to download and install the Garmin Express application on your device. After that, you can use the application for performing the various functions. For this, follow the below-given processes carefully.
Download and Install the Garmin Express Software
For the Garmin GPS update, you must have the Garmin Express application installed on your system. Hence, visit the Garmin express web page by typing “Garmin.com/express” in the address bar and then click the download link provided there. You will get separate links for both Windows and Mac operating systems. After downloading, double click the setup file and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Connect Your Navigation Device to the System
After that, you have to connect your Garmin sat nav device to your system. For establishing the connection, use the USB cable that comes with the navigation device. Now, take the cable and attach its one end to the Garmin device and another to your system. Make sure you keep your device connected to the system until the update gets completed.
Add Your Device to Garmin Express
The next of the Garmin GPS update is to add your device to the application. For this follow the procedure given below.
- Double-click the Garmin Express application icon from the desktop or system tray.
- Then, the Add a Device window will appear. Here, you have to tap the “Add a Device” option.
- By doing so, the Garmin will start its search for your sat nav device. Make sure your navigation device is connected properly.
- After the completion of the search process, you have to select your navigation device and hit the “Add Device” tab provided beside your product.
- Further, you will be asked to sign in to your Garmin account. For this, click the “Sign In” tab and provide the login credentials. However, if you are a new user and want to create an account, then click “Create an Account”. Next, you have to provide profile information in their respective fields.
- Afterwards, you will get the product registration window, if your product is not registered yet. For this, provide your email address in the required field and click the “Next” tab.
- Thereafter, provide a nickname for your Garmin device and then hit the “Next” button.
- On using Garmin wearables, you will get an option to connect to the WiFi for uploading the data to Garmin connect wirelessly. To opt this option, click the “Find Network” option and then follow the instructions displaying on your screen for establishing the connection successfully.
- Finally, hit the “Finish” tab.
Install the Available Garmin GPS Update
Once you are done with adding your navigation device, the next step is to install the available Garmin GPS update. This will include both maps and software updates. For this, follow the process mentioned below.
- From the home page of the Garmin Express application, select the “Check For Updates” option.
- After that, you have to click the “View Details” option to get the list of available updates.
- From the list, click the “Install” tab that is provided beside the update that you want to install on your GPS device.
- Then, you will be asked to read the Terms and Conditions of Garmin. After reading, you also have to agree with it. For this, click the “Accept” tab.
- Further, an instruction window will display on your screen. You have to go through the given instructions and then make sure that you follow all of them. Following them will help you to experience an error-free Garmin GPS update.
- Thereafter, click the “Continue” tab.
- By doing so, the Garmin GPS Update will start installing on your system. You are required to wait until the process gets completed.
- After the successful completion of the process, you can check if your device is updated or not. For this, click the “Check For Update” option.